Soroptimist’s Live Your Dream Awards program is a unique education grant for women who provide the primary financial support for their families. Live Your Dream Awards give women the resources they need to improve their education, skills and employment prospects.
Every year, Soroptimist International of the Americas distributes more than $2.6 million in education grants
to about 1,700 women all over the world.
Since 1972, Soroptimist International of the Americas
has distributed more than $30 million in education grants
to 30,000 women making a better life for themselves
and their families.
The Live Your Dream Awards involve three levels of cash awards. The program begins at the local Soroptimist club level, where Soroptimist International of Kawartha Lakes’ first place recipient is awarded $2,000. Local level award recipients become eligible for region level awards of either $5,000 or $3,000 USD. Region level award recipients then become eligible to receive one of three international level awards of $10,000 USD.
Since 2012, our local club of Soroptimist International of Kawartha Lakes has awarded $21,500
to deserving women for their education aspirations.
Who is eligible?
You are eligible to apply for the Soroptimist Live Your Dream Award if you are a woman who:
- Provides the primary financial support for yourself and your dependents. Dependents can include children, spouse, partner, siblings and/or parents.
- Has financial need.
- Is enrolled in or has been accepted to a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate degree program.
- Does not have a graduate degree.
- Is motivated to achieve your education and career goals.
- Has not previously been the recipient of a Soroptimist Live Your Dream Award or Women’s Opportunity Award.
- Is not a Soroptimist member, an employee of Soroptimist International of the Americas or immediate family of either.
Application Forms are available on-line from August 1st through November 15th each year.
If you require assistance, we would be pleased to work with you to ensure your application is completed and submitted on time. Please contact us and we will have our program chair get in touch with you.
The most challenging aspect of this program is getting the applications into the hands of eligible women. If you know someone who could benefit from the Live Your Dream Award, please direct them to this website.